Breakdown - Marvel Studios' SDCC '26 Reveals

         Hey guys, Chuck here, and while I only read about the reveals at Marvel Studios' Hall H Panel at San Diego Comic-Con, I still want to break down the few tidbits that were revealed to fans, as small of a set of announcements we got. 

         First, Kevin Feige showcased exclusive looks at this year's two Marvel Studios' films: Spider-Man: Brand New Day and Avengers: Doomsday. In addition, Feige also discussed this September's re-release of Avengers: Endgame, which will be promoted as Avengers: Endgame Encore and will feature an all-nee post-credits scene setting up Avengers: Doomsday. Unfortunately, however, there were no casting announcements for Avengers: Secret Wars, probably to avoid spoilers for Avengers: Doomsday.

          But, Feige also announced two new Marvel Studios films for release in 2028. First is Black Panther III, which will be directed, once again, by Ryan Coogler and is set to star Alien: Romulus and The Long Walk star David Jonsson as T'Challa's son, who will become the new Black Panther. Black Panther III will hit theaters in December of 2028. Second is Ghost Rider. Yes, Marvel Studios is rebooting Ghost Rider for the MCU, and Deadpool & Wolverine director Shawn Levy will be returning to the MCU to direct, with actor Ryan Gosling, who is the star of Shawn Levy's upcoming Star Wars: Starfighter, will be starring as Ghost Rider. While no set month is confirmed, Ghost Rider will hit theaters in 2028. 

        Well, I gotta say that while it's kind of a bummer that we didn't get a full slate of movies announced just yet, I think that Kevin Feige, Marvel, and Disney played it smart at Comic-Con this year. Showcasing only the upcoming confirmed titles, revealing two new movies, and getting the fans excited for the next couple years. I certainly have changed my mind about being finished with the MCU after Secret Wars, because I am definitely looking forward to  Ghost Rider

        Alright guys, this is Chuck signing off, and I'll be back tomorrow for my review of The County Bears.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - Song Sung Blue (2025)

Review - Hazbin Hotel Season Two (2025)

Christmas Review - Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse (2001)