Review - DC League of Super-Pets (2022)

          Hey guys, Chuck here. Well, I just went to see the new movie DC League of Super-Pets. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC, this animated film features the voice talents of Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Kate McKinnon, John Krasinski, Jameela Jamil, Marc Maron, and Keanu Reeves. 

        So, the movie focuses on Krypto the Superdog, beloved canine companion of Superman. One day, when an evil guinea pig named Lulu, who was a test subject of Lex Luthor, is exposed to Orange Kryptonite, she goes on a rampage, mutating other guinea pigs and abducting the members of the Justice League. So, with the heroes out of commission, Krypto must team up with a band of misfit animals, including Ace the Bat-Hound, all of whom were also given superpowers by the Orange Kryptonite, to stop Lulu and save the day. 

           Okay, I honestly found this movie to be pretty cute. The story was very simple and easy to follow, which is good for a family film like this. Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart did really well here as both Krypto the Superdog and Ace the Bat-Hound. I also enjoyed the performances of Vanessa Bayer, Diego Luna, and Natasha Lyonne as the characters of PB the pig, Chip the squirrel, and Merton turtle. Both Kate McKinnon as Lulu and Marc Maron as Lex Luthor were genuinely enjoyable as the villains of the piece. But easily my favorite performances were from the actors voicing the Justice League. Daveed Diggs, John Early, and Dascha Polanco we're all terrific as Cyborg, Flash, and Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz), but my absolute favorites were Jameela Jamil as Wonder Woman, Jemaine Clement as Aquaman, John Krasinski as Superman, and especially Keanu Reeves as Batman. 

        Now, I will admit that some jokes didn't completely land, and we're actually pretty cringey, but overall I did have a decent laugh throughout the movie. I definitely recommend taking the kids to this one, and I  definitely consider it to be my favorite animated movie of the year. I give DC League of Super-Pets a rating of 4.5/5. This is Chuck signing off, and I'll see you guys next time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Thundermans Return (2024)

Review - Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Review - Night at the Museum (2006-2014)