Will Smith Month - Bad Boys for Life (2020)

        Hey guys, Chuck here. Well, after a really hectic week, it's time for me to get back into Will Smith Month, and to wrap up the Bad Boys trilogy with Bad Boys for Life. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer and actors Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, and Joe Pantoliano are back, but we have two new directors with Adil & Bilall, who take over directing duties from Michael Bay. 

       So, Mike and Marcus have been partners for twenty-five years, and Marcus is ready to retire in order to spend time with his newborn grandson. Unfortunately, the widow of a cartel kingpin escapes from prison in Mexico and sends her son to Miami to collect a cache of money left behind by her husband, as well as exact revenge on everyone who put her husband behind bars, including Mike. After an attempt on Mike's life, Marcus decides to retire, while Mike teams up with the new elite unit known as AMMO to find the guy that tried to kill him. And, I think that I should stop there, because again, I don't want to spoil this movie for anyone who hasn't seen it already. 

       Okay, so I definitely enjoyed a lot of the new cast members in this movie, including Paola Nunez, Alexander Ludwig, Vanessa Hudgens, Charles Melton, Kate del Castillo, and Jacob Scipio. Joe Pantoliano is definitely great as the Captain once again, and he is definitely a welcome returning character from the first two movies. But the real stars are, once again Will Smith and Martin Lawrence as Mike and Marcus. Even all these years later, their dynamic is still hilarious and priceless. 

        The action is definitely still a lot of fun. The chase scenes, the shoot outs, all of it is just as terrific as the first two Bad Boys movies. But one thing I really want to talk about is the story. Unlike the first two movies, the story this time felt more personal. I like the idea that the main antagonist has a personal past with Mike, and it definitely adds a lot more tension to the plot than we've seen in the other two movies. 

       Honestly, the directors of this movie put together a hell of a great movie. As someone who thoroughly enjoyed the other two Bad Boys movies, I definitely think this one might be my favorite film of the series. I'm giving Bad Boys for Life a rating of 5/5. Now, I recently read that Sony Pictures is currently in development on a fourth film in the series. Now, if it does happen, I definitely would like to see it. For now, I think I'm good with just the three Bad Boys movies we already have. 

       This is Chuck signing off, and I'll be continuing Will Smith Month this Thursday with my review of Men in Black

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Thundermans Return (2024)

Review - Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Review - Night at the Museum (2006-2014)