Breakdown - Netflix and Science Saru Producing a Scott Pilgrim Anime. This Is Awesome!

           Hey guys, Chuck here, and I didn't know this was announced back in January, but apparently Science Saru, the anime house in Japan that produced one of the shorts for the Disney+ anthology project Star Wars Visions, is teaming up with Netflix to produce an anime adaptation of Bryan Lee O'Malley's graphic novel series Scott Pilgrim. 

        Now, you guys may recall that I did a review of the live-action film adaptation of Bryan Lee O'Malley's books, which was the Edgar Wright film Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. And I called it my favorite comic book film of the year 2010. So, now that an anime adaptation is being made? I'm pretty excited. Not only that, but many of the creative team behind the original movie is also returning, including Edgar Wright, Nira Park, and Michael Bacall. 

       BUT! It was today's announcement that REEEAAALLLLYYY got me excited for this series, at it was confirmed that ALL of the main cast of the original movie are returning to voice their characters in the English dub of the Scott Pilgrim anime. That's right, this means that Michael Cera is Scott, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is Ramona, Ellen Wong is Knives, Mark Webber is Stephen. Anna Kendrick, Aubrey Plaza, Allison Pill, Kieran Culkin, you get the idea. They're all coming back. Hell, even the actors behind the Evil Exes, like Jason Schwatrzman, Chris Evans, Mae Whitman, Brandon Routh, and Satya Bhabha are also returning. And my personal favorite, Brie Larson is returning as Envy Adams. Oh, hell yeah! I swear, even before she joined the MCU as Carol Danvers, I was a fan of Brie Larson just for her portrayal of Envy in Scott Pilgrim. So, the fact that she's returning for the anime is really exciting. 

        Honestly, anime is really popular nowadays. Hell, one recent anime project that I enjoyed was, in fact, Star Wars Visions. So, to see the source material of one of my favorite comic book movies ever made, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, get an anime series adaptation, and to have it released through Netflix, AND have the main cast of the movie return as well is easily the best news I could have gotten today. Now, Netflix doesn't have an official release date yet, but I'm assuming that, once Science Saru finishes animating the series, and both the Japanese and English dubs are complete, we'll get a release date. 

        Anyway guys, I just wanted to get my quick thoughts on today's cast announcement for the Scott Pilgrim anime out there. I'm gonna kick back and enjoy this news of the cast of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World coming back for the anime. I'll see you guys later. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Thundermans Return (2024)

Review - Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Review - Night at the Museum (2006-2014)