Review - Dude, Where's My Car? (2000)

        Hey guys, Chuck here. Well, in honor of 4/20, I thought I'd take a look at a stoner comedy released in the year 2000, but I didn't finally watch it until I was much older. That film is Dude, Where's My Car?

           Dude, Where's My Car? focuses on two best friends, Jesse and Chester, played by Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott. Jesse and Chester wake up completely hung over with no memory of the previous night, endless amounts of pudding cups in their refrigerator and cupboards, and an angry voicemail from their twin girlfriends, Wanda and Wilma, played by Jennifer Garner and Marla Sokoloff. Jesse and Chester decide to go over to the twins' house, with only one problem: no sign of Jesse's car. After standing around for a minute like a couple of idiots, which okay Jesse and Chester are a couple of idiots, they decide to re-trace their steps, starting off at the home of their oddball friend Nelson.

        Jesse and Chester's journey has them meeting up with several people they have no memory of meeting, including a group of space nerds led by a guy called Zoltan, a jock named Tommy, as well as Tommy's group of friends and his girlfriend, and I'm not joking about the name, Christie Boner, a French ostrich enthusiast Pierre, a bunch of hard-nosed cops, and a transgender stripper. They also encounter two groups of aliens: a pair of leather-clad Norwegian guys and a group of five incredibly attractive jumpsuit-wearing women. The two groups of aliens, much like the space nerds, are searching for a device called the "Continuum Transfunctioner. Top all of it off with a belligerent speaker box operator at a Chinese drive-thru restaurant who constantly repeats "And then?" and a tailor played by Keone Young, and you've got one of the funniest movies of the 21st century.

          Dude, Where's My Car? is one of the funniest comedies I've seen. Ashton Kutcher and Seann William Scott, as Jesse and Chester, are both as funny on screen as their characters are stupid. Jennifer Garner and Marla Sokoloff as Wanda and Wilma were great as well, and were great to watch on screen. And I can't forget about Hal Sparks as Zoltan. Most of the humor can be seen by some as being "low-brow and sophomoric," but given that the film is part of the stoner comedy genre, I give it more of a pass than most average Happy Madison productions. Director Danny Leiner made a hysterical movie that, while not for everyone, is a personal favorite of mine. I'm going to give Dude, Where's My Car? a rating of 4/5. This is Chuck signing off. See you guys next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Thundermans Return (2024)

Review - Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Review - Night at the Museum (2006-2014)