Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2020

       Hey guys, Chuck here. Well, I've covered my favorite movies of the year, and my favorite movies of the decade. Now, let's end the year out with my Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2020. Now, there are a lot of movies hitting theaters in the new year, and these are just ten of the ones I'm most excited for. Without further ado, here we go.

      # 10 - Death on the Nile: Kenneth Branagh's sequel to 2017's Murder on the Orient Express, which I enjoyed thoroughly. With a cast including Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Russell Brand, and others, along with Branagh himself returning in the role of Hercule Poirot, this is one movie that I am thoroughly intrigued by.

      # 9 - Ghostbusters: Afterlife: After Paul Feig's disastrous 2016 Ghostbusters film, Jason Reitman is at the helm of this Stranger Things-esque entry in the Ghostbusters series, which will focus on two teens in a small town. Add in Paul Rudd to the cast, who I really enjoy in the Marvel Universe as Ant-Man, and this is one Ghostbusters movie that I'm very excited for.

      # 8 - Bad Boys for Life: Will Smith and Martin Lawrence are back, and I can't wait to see them in this third entry in the buddy cop franchise.

      # 7 - The Eternals: The 25th entry of the MCU, this cosmic team of immortals, played by a cavalcade of incredible performers, looks to be set to take the MCU to places we haven't seen yet.

      # 6 - Top Gun: Maverick: Tom Cruise is back, and he's still got the need for speed. I really enjoyed the first Top Gun, and with Tron: Legacy director Joseph Kosinski at the helm, this sequel certainly looks to be entertaining.

      # 5 - A Quiet Place: Part II: 2018's A Quiet Place was quite a surprise to everyone, myself included. Director John Krasinski returns, although he's only behind the camera this time. Emily Blunt also returns, and I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

      # 4 - Bill & Ted Face the Music: Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves are back as the rock-and-roll duo of Bill S. Preston, Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan, and I'm definitely excited for this third entry in the comedic franchise.

      # 3 - No Time to Die: Daniel Craig makes his final appearance as James Bond in the 25th entry of the iconic franchise. Add in a cast that includes Rami Malek, Ana de Armas, and the return of Christoph Waltz as Blofeld, and this is an entry in the 007 series that I really want to see.

      # 2 - Wonder Woman 1984: The sequel to 2017's Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot returns as Diana. This time around, the story is set in the year 1984, and sees Diana go up against Maxwell Lord and Barbara Ann Minerva/The Cheetah. With Patty Jenkins back in the director's chair, this is one DCEU film I don't plan to miss.

      # 1 - Black Widow: Scarlett Johansson returns as Natasha Romanoff in her first solo outing. Set between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War, Natasha will reunite with people from her past and work with them to take down the villainous Taskmaster. With both Rachel Weisz and David Harbour along for the ride, this is easily my most anticipated movie of 2020.

          There you have it, my Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2020. Now, I'd like to point out that the movies on this list may not all make it onto my list of "Favorite Movies of 2020," but we'll see which ones make it by this time next year.. This is Chuck signing off. It's been a great year here on Chuck's Movie Breakdown. New reviews will start on January 16th, 2020. See you guys then.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review - The Thundermans Return (2024)

Review - Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Review - Night at the Museum (2006-2014)